Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How to add People Picker control to custom application development (ASPX, user controls or web parts)

Add the following lines of code in the form to add PeopleEditor control to your page:


 

<%@ Register
Tagprefix="indrajeet" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>


 

< indrajeet:PeopleEditor

AllowEmpty="false"

ValidatorEnabled="true"

id="usrPicker"

runat="server"

ShowCreateButtonInActiveDirectoryAccountCreationMode="true"

SelectionSet="User" />

3 comments:

Nisha said...

I tried this. I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. When I try to create an instance in code begind it says "this already eists". Please help with how can i resolve this error. Thanks

Nisha said...

I tried your code and it gives me error "Object rference not set to an instacne of an object". When in try to create a instacne in my code behind it say s"controlID already has a definition" What to do do? Pelase help.

Indrajeet Kumpavat said...

Try with hiding the people picker control that already exists.